First off let me state I am not sure this is strictly a Glassfish issue.
I recently experienced a issue trying to migrate my application from Glassfish-v2ur2 to Glassfish-2.1.
At first it seemed as if my application ported over just fine by simply installing Glassfish-2.1 and deploying my application.
For Glassfish edit the file in the following path:
For Tomcat edit the file in the following path:
Since I had a hard time finding a complete solution anywhere online I decided that I would post a simple how-to for a JSF Custom component.
The problem that this component seeks to address is that the <f:verbatim> tag does not work properly in a <ui:repeat> tag.
This presented a issue to me because I have RAW HTML stored in my data model to be used in my simple blog application.
1. The most confusing thing about JSF Custom components.¬† YOU NEED 3 SEPERATE CLASSES TO IMPLEMENT A CUSTOM COMPONENT.
Alot of other tutorials will teach you there is a method in which you can use only two classes to accomplish the task, although this is true the most straight forward approach is to use 3 classes to implement your component. (more…)
Quite a while ago I purchased a IBM x330 server not realizing that I might need a VGA card to install linux on it. Well turns out I didn’t need one but it sure would have made life easier. This post when FINALLY completed will detail the instructions of how to install RedHat Linux on a IBM x330 purely through the serial port console.
So…. I have been programing EJB 3.0 Systems for about 1 1/2 years now and until recently I never need to manage my own transactions. Well today I needed to do just that and I had a bit of difficulty finding a tutorial. After about 2 hours of search I found the following.
Sun J2EE Tutorial
Also known as a JTextField that magically have a list appear after you hit ENTER or CompletionTextField.
Since I have not found a open source or version that is purchasable I decided to hack one together today and give it freely to the world. Hopefully this helps some one.
I recently migrated a J2EE application from JBoss 4.0.4-GA to Glassfish and experienced a number of different issues.
In this post I will describe the issues and the solutions to them in the hopes that it will help solve others headaches.
For the last few years I have written a few applications to merge and reconcile data in spreadsheets.
As of late I have been doing this in Netbeans 6.0 & PostgresQL 8.1 w/ pgAdmin III.
So I will share with the rest of the world my little tricks for making this easier.